An exciting opportunity for an experienced Big Data Engineer has become available for an energy provider in Germany. The position will be a 6 months contract, with potential extension. For this role we are looking for someone who has exposure to being a Data Engineer in a Big Data setting. You will be expected to design and implement solutions, focusing on advanced technologies.
As a Big Data Engineer, you’ll have:
- Energy industry experience.
- Good database devops experience.
- Proficiency in programming languages, such as python and Scala.
- Experience with Containerization, such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Good knowledge of distributed systems, such as Spark and Hadoop.
- Experience of working within an Agile environment.
- Open-source stream-processing software platform, such as Kafka and Apache Spark.
- Written and spoken English is a must, whilst other languages (e.g. German, French, Italian, etc.) are a plus.
- Salary Offers Neg USD Neg Month
- Languages English, German
- Consultant Matthew Rea
- Contact Number +44 (0) 20 3397 8070