For our prestigious client, we are currently looking for a Senior Big Data Platform Engineer
- With a solid Data Engineering and Data Science background, you are the famous hands-on expert with an extensive track of record in managing modern data platforms such HortonWorks Data Platform and Data Flow, Cloudera Data Hub, Azure Data & AI, AWS stack, Databricks…etc
- You are passionate about automation and are an excellent full-stack developer when it comes to building AI-infused business processes and CI/CD pipelines.
- You are capable of steering the team towards quality while ensuring time to market and total cost ownership are always high up in the priorities list.
- Perform the installation, configuration, and upgrade of data platforms using Infrastructure as code and configuration as code in SaaS, PaaS, IaaS and/or bare-metal environments, either on-premises or in the public cloud.
- Assume ownership of the data platforms and the underlying architectural principals in a federated “Data Engineering teams as your clients” ecosystem, and provide the agreed level of support to your end-users.
- Monitor the data platforms and develop remediation scripts to ensure high-availability and disaster recovery.
- Triage incidents and change requests assigned to the Data Platform team.
- Ensure data applications adhere to the agreed performance and resilience criteria, and all platform parameters are set for optimal efficiency.
- Document all Data Platform processes and design elements.
- Be the Data Platform Product Owner and provide your infrastructure, network, security, governance, CI/CD etc requirements in the form of user stories and follow them up with the Data Infrastructure team.
- Leverage machine learning and process automation and drive cost savings.
- Salary Offers Neg USD Neg Month
- Languages English
- Consultant Gregory Bouvier
- Contact Number +44 (0) 20 3397 8070